Like other holidays, Halloween is a time where we may celebrate and enjoy a fun night out. And for the young ones, it means donning a Halloween costume to go trick-or-treating and enjoying the sights of spooky decorations. Unfortunately, this time of year is also when there is an increase in drunk driver crash incidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
To help keep everyone safe and impaired drivers off the road, AAA and Budweiser have teamed up for the Tow to Go program. This free service is available to AAA and non-members on Halloween, from Wednesday, October 31st to 6 am on Thursday, November 1st. It is for those who did not plan ahead.
Tow to Go Service areas include: Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Indiana (Fort Wayne and South Bend only)
Tow to Go provides individuals a safe ride home on Halloween by calling 855-2-TOW-2-GO or 855-286-9246.
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions
- Visit AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2018
This Halloween stay safe and plan ahead with a designated driver, but as a safety net, know that the Tow to Go program is available for a safe ride home.
Please share this with your family and friends and have a fun and safe Halloween!